The Humane Space, LLC ("Company" “our,” or "we") respects your privacy, and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.thehumanespace.com (our "Website") access content we make available online, or download or use our mobile or desktop applications (collectively, our “Apps”, and collectively with the Website, our “Services”) and our practices for collecting, using, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In communications between you and this Website.
- Through our Apps you download from this Website or through an app store.
- When you access content we make available through other platforms.
It does not apply to information collected:
- By us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
We collect information about you:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through and use the Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, Service navigation information, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies such as information about the device and/or software you use to access the Services.
- When you download the App, we may automatically collect data that is transferred to us by the App Store or Google Play Store as part of the App downloading process, such as username, email address, app store account customer number, time of download, payment information, and the individual device identification number. We have no control over what data the app stores choose to provide. We only process the data insofar as it is necessary for downloading the App to your mobile device.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Services, subscribing to our Services, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Services.
- If you choose to log in with a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we may collect the information provided by that third party as permitted by your account settings.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including contact information), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Your search queries on the Services.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may tie this information to other information that we maintain about you.
Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any accounts you create and use. For information about how you can opt out of analytics, see the “Digital Analytics” and Choices About How Wese and Disclose Your Information sections of this policy.
We may disclose information that we maintain about you with other parties including:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, which may include online hosting companies, payment service providers, software developers, and customer service providers.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of an actual or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of The Humane Space's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information held by The Humane Space about our Services users is among the assets transferred.
We may also disclose information for the following purposes:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To exercise, establish or defend our legal rights.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Humane Space, its customers, or others.
- To any other third party with your consent to the disclosure or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection and sharing.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
We advertise with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads are personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information the Advertising Providers collect about your visit to our website and based on your browsing of other sites or apps over time. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
You can visit www.aboutads.info to learn more about interest-based advertising and how to opt-out of this advertising on websites by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) self-regulatory program. You can also download the DAA’s AppChoices application from the Android or iOS app store on your mobile device. You also can use “Limit Ad Tracking” in your iOS settings or “Opt out of interest-based ads” in your Android settings to limit the collection of data for interest-based advertising. Note that electing to opt out from interest-based advertising will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or other applications, but it may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. In addition, note that if you use a different browser or device, or reset your mobile advertising identifier, you may need to renew your opt-out choice.
We work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Services and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. We use Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Services and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use the Services, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
- Marketing and Promotional Emails. You can opt out of marketing and promotional emails by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in emails that are sent to you. If you opt out of our email marketing, we will still send you messages related to our transactions and relationship with you, such as billing or customer service emails.
We may use information that we maintain about you for the following purposes:
- To operate and present our Services and their contents to you.
- To store information about your preferences and customize the Services based on your preferences and use history.
- To provide you with information, products, or Services that you request from us.
- To communicate with you and manage our relationship with you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To send updates, promotions, and marketing materials that may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To analyze and improve our products and services.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though them.
- To prevent and detect security concerns, fraud, and abuse of our products and services.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- To exercise, establish or defend our legal rights.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
You can review and change certain information we hold about you by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page.
We have implemented measures designed to help secure personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted to or from our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.